[CLUE-Talk] FBI Gets Broad Domestic Spy Powers

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri May 31 10:43:59 MDT 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:25:01AM -0600, Richard Knechtel wrote:

> Now the FBI wants the extra control to basically monitor every part of
> every Americans life.  If the terrorist threat was REAL then they should do
> exatctly what was done in WWII. Use internment camps.  (sorry I am not
> Politically correct AT ALL).

Nor are you historically correct. There are no recorded incidents of US
citizens of Japanese descent betraying this country during World War II.
Zero. Zip. None. The *only* basis for placing people in the WWII internment
camps was their ethnicity.

So you think we should follow that lead? Rather than seeking to understand
people who are different from us, and trying to distinguish which of them
are seeking to harm us, we should just lock 'em all up?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA
mgushee at havenrock.com