[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Chris Terry tuba_man at attbi.com
Tue Apr 22 21:12:19 MDT 2003

*mega-snip*

Sean LeBlanc wrote...
> I cannot help but think that no matter what a Republican president does, it
> will be lambasted by some members of the left...take, for example, folks
> that think this economy is somehow the fault of the Bush administration -
> they complain that they brought us the "Bush economy" (in the face of all
> evidence to the contrary - for example, anyone paying attention knows that
> the stock market started a slide in early 2000) and THEN turn around and
> whine* about proposed boosts to the economy like tax cuts.

Good point on the first one.  I'd have to agree that if a Republican is
in office, those on the left will bash him, but you forgot to add the
part about guys on the right beating up Democratic presidents.  There's
always going to be someone complaining about those in power.  I don't
really mind it, except from people who don't vote or otherwise
participate.  Voters are at least trying to fix things they see wrong.

And the economics:
Yes, the slide started with Clinton, but I haven't seen it pick up
enough to be able to praise Bush with fixing the problem.  And that
brings up another good point.  I'm not the most informed on economic
history, so could you point me to an instance where tax cuts and other
generally republican economic plans have fixed (or at least started to
reverse) a downturn/depression like this one?