[CLUE-Talk] More lies? [Fwd: Iraq - 9/11 connection]

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Tue Dec 16 13:24:38 MST 2003

> I tell you, I just don't see much but the crumbling of the Democratic party.
> Good news like Saddam getting captured comes down the pike, and the
> Democratic spin machine starts revving up to tell us why it's only symbolic,
> or if we had formed a broader coalition it would have happened sooner, or
> that the timing of the capture was all staged to benefit Bush.

I don't think you can call anyone who calls Saddam's capture symbolic a
Democrat.

Perhaps someone can help out, but I have no idea of what it even
symbolizes. Saddam's capture really doesn't appear to make any significant
difference to getting Iraq on its feet, bolstering world relations between
countries, easing tensions in the area, providing any kind of WMD
information, or even helping Bush in reelection.

His capture certainly doesn't make me feel any safer or give me any kind
of cathartic closure. I'm glad that he's been caught so that sometime in
the next several years he can be tried for his crimes, but otherwise
Saddam's capture is without real consequence.

I will of course be eating crow if Saddam's capture does provide us with
key information or help get Iraq going again, but call me jaded - I just
don't see it happening.