[CLUE-Talk] More lies? [Fwd: Iraq - 9/11 connection]

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Tue Dec 16 14:02:14 MST 2003

Quoting black at galaxy.silvren.com:

 [ snip ]

> Perhaps someone can help out, but I have no idea of what it even
> symbolizes. Saddam's capture really doesn't appear to make any significant
> difference to getting Iraq on its feet, bolstering world relations between
> countries, easing tensions in the area, providing any kind of WMD
> information, or even helping Bush in reelection.
>
> His capture certainly doesn't make me feel any safer or give me any kind
> of cathartic closure. I'm glad that he's been caught so that sometime in
> the next several years he can be tried for his crimes, but otherwise
> Saddam's capture is without real consequence.
>
> I will of course be eating crow if Saddam's capture does provide us with
> key information or help get Iraq going again, but call me jaded - I just
> don't see it happening.

Dismantling the Saddam's supporters and the insurgents would "help get Iraq
going again."

 http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031216_1279.html

<quote>
Intelligence stemming from Saddam's capture has led to arrests of some of
Saddam's supporters who provided money to the insurgents, Dempsey said.

"Within the first 24 hours of the capture of Saddam Hussein we acted on some of
the information that we were able to analyze and we captured some high-level
former Baath leaders that again we consider to be the network that was
providing the financial support for the cell structure in Baghdad," Dempsey
said.
</quote>

 http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20031216_1162.html

<quote>
BAGHDAD, Iraq Dec. 16 — U.S. troops arrested an Iraqi rebel leader and 78
others in a raid Tuesday near a town north of Baghdad where hours earlier
guerrillas ambushed a U.S. patrol and sparked a gunbattle that killed 11 of the
attackers.
</quote>

<quote>
It was not clear if information from interrogations of Saddam led to the arrest
of Hattam, who was not on the United States' main list of 55 most wanted regime
figures.
</quote>

But one wonders...
--