[CLUE-Talk] Mandrake news

Robert Davis rob-iod at attbi.com
Thu Jan 16 09:52:13 MST 2003

Keith, I used 8.1, 8.2 & 9.0 and think it's great. I think Mandrake is a
little more cutting edge and easy to configure but I love apt-get and
synaptic (gui front-end). Extremely easy to add/remove pkgs.and just as
easy to upgrade the entire distro by modifying the apt-get sources list.
They run three flavors: stable (woody), testing (sarge) and unstable
(sid). The base version furnished with Libranet is stable but most of my
peers run testing with no problems.

Can't say one is better than the other, I'm just learning a little more
by exploring the Debian world. Plan to purchase Libranet 2.8 when it
comes out around the end of the month. Their mailing list is wonderful
(just like this CLUE list):  libranet-users at libranet.com

Don't mean to sound like a commercial but I'm very satisfied.