[CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Sat Jul 26 08:48:08 MDT 2003

the more you guys talk about it, the less i want to be in the corporate
marketplace. blech, sounds like dilbert on crack with a side of fries. or
something. i guess it's part of the reason i work well with computers, but
to me things boil down to being truly boolean. either they are or they
aren't. i really have a problem lying to someone's face, wether it's in a
resume, report, or whatever, i really can't lie to authority. yet another
facet of my upbringing, i'm sure, but that's just the way i am. i don't want
to get into a job by blowing stuff up some HR guy's something or rather and
get put in a position where i'm over my head and the people around me know
it and claim 'fraud!!' and i get fired for lying on my resume. (anyone see
that episode of monster house? the one where the 'electrician' wasn't? i
think it was the castle house but i don't remember, might have been the
western/cowboy one) maybe i'm to affraid of lack of knowledge, maybe i know
enough to know i know very little, maybe i'm just too humble/self
deprecating, i don't know, but i always fear being the one out of place
because i don't know enough, if that makes sense.

i leave the spin to my wife, the former journalism major. i'm a geek. i deal
with things that don't understand spin. though catch me in the right
situation and my BS generator might be going full force, i wouldn't lie on a
resume.

- Evan Widger
   PsychoI3oy at linkline.com