[CLUE-Talk] Seeking advice for a digital camera: Closure

bof bof at pcisys.net
Tue Jun 17 21:27:20 MDT 2003

Thanx to everyone who answered.

I did some looking, both on-line and at local stores, and finally
decided upon an Olympus Stylus 300 Digital. I picked it because it
seemed more to be built stronger than other cameras in this price range
(it has a metal body), is supposedly water-resistant, is point and
shoot, and its reviews said good things about the pictures it took. On
the Internet, it sold for anywhere from $294 on up to its list price of
$399.
So I ordered one today, and hopefully it will be here in a week to allow
me to expand my knowledge of digital picture-taking (I hestitate to call
what I do photography).

In the meanwhile, my kid has a Fujifilm 2600 Zoom, which I am able to
use under Red Hat 7.3.

For the record, and anyone who might be reading this thread in the
archives, here's what I did to use it: After loading the modules
usb-uhci and usb-storage,  I connected the USB ports on the camera and
PC with the cable that came with the camera, and then was able to access
the camera chip by issuing "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera". To
edit the pictures, I used gphoto.

Again, thanx to everyone who answered.

BOF