[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Wed Oct 22 12:16:03 MDT 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 10:04 am, Randy Arabie wrote:

> > Ok, Randy. You have said that Iraq had WMD programs. Could you please
> > enlighten us as to what they had that you know of and what evidence you
> > have?
>

> How about I just use a quote from you, "BTW, as to the earlier discussion
> about WMDs, do any of you honestly believe that Sadaam was not busy
> producing biologicals or chemicals weapons? If so, you are only kidding
> your self."
>
>  http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-talk/2003-October/015397.html
>
> Yes, I'm avoiding your question, or challenge -- whatever you want to call
> it. If you are really interested in knowing why I believe Iraq did have
> active WMD programs, read this:
>
>  http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/236jmcbd.asp

	You are right. It was a challenge. What I find funny is that so many ppl just
actively back a president like W. (due to politics) without knowing what is
true and what is a lie.

	There is no doubt that Sadaam had biological and chemical WMD programs. I
worked with iraqis back in the early 80's and I know that they went back to
their country to further the work (thanks to fuhrer raygun).  But as I have
said, so has just about every other country. It is just way to cheap.

	All in all, this is not a reason to go to war, particularly while we are
trying to fight a real war in afghanstan. Had Sadaam been doing a real
program for Nukes, then I would have been in favor of going after him. But I
do believe that he had stopped and W. has shown no real evidence of it. As
has been pointed out numerous times, North Korea, Iran, and Afghanstan
represent real threats. Yet, we did a minimal job in afghan and do nothing
with NK. That shows a lot about our current admin and where there true
interest lie.

> > >  - Iraq was a supporter of known terrorist organizations.
> >
> > What Terrorist Organizations?

> Council.  It's all on the State Department website, and I've posted a link
> to it on CLUE-Talk...look in the archives.

I have read it. I also know that Mr. Powell (still hard to not put general
powell, even after a decade) is a true trooper and will do exactly what is
ordered to do by his president. That includes lieing. I do not believe that
he will outright lie with a direct order, but will do so upon an order.

I also know that Al Qaeda would not work with Sadaam. Even before W. started
pushing this supposed link, they government never had 1 iota of evidence for
it. In fact, there were supposed attempts on Sadaam's life by OBL. But of
course, that is no different than OBK making attempts on other middle east
leaders.

--
cheers
g.r.r.