[CLUE-Talk] Rep Tancredo's Anti-Immigration Stance

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Oct 24 10:09:53 MDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 09:06, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> > I've always thought that the "average American" attitude was pretty damn
> > hypocritical -- basically, "It's the greatest country in the world. It
> > was founded and built by immigrants. We're here now. Screw everybody
> > else."
>
> Hmm.  Average American.  Doesn't quite fit the typical Congressman or
> president, does it?  Or certain CEOs like Bill Gates and Michael Eisner.

Probably not. I was just echoing Sean's term... I've talked to a lot of
people who have the "keep 'em out" attitude, but they seem fine with the
fact that their ancestors were immigrants...

> How about illegal alien worker?  What the hell is legally challenged, anyway?
> That term could probably cover most Americans.

Just trying to be funny... I was trying to think of a bunch of other
Politik-speak euphemisms for "illegal alien" but my brain isn't up to it
at this early hour.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier