[CLUE-Talk] a new note in the usa/iraq tune \\ "barbarians"

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jan 27 09:28:00 MST 2004

Randy Arabie wrote:

> France...Muslim women can't wear berkaa's?
>
> Ask the people of Nepal what barbaric nations need to learn from China.
>
> Spain...bull fights?

U.S. --

Killed HOW many Native Americans to "settle" the West?

Shot how many protesters at Kent State?

Holding how many "suspected terrorists" in another country (Cuba) so
they're not allowed the very due-process our country supposedly stands for?

C'mon... get off the high horse.  We're no better than they.

(I'm not saying anything about whether the above are "right" or "wrong"
at this point, just using some examples to show we're not so squeaky
clean as the press and the History books try to feed us.  History is
usually written by the victors, remember.)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com

p.s. Yeah, the Kent State one is weak... heh.  Someone else come up with
something better.  I'm a sheltered dude from the 'burbs.  I'm sure
there's lots worse we've done or are doing...