[CLUE-Talk] FW: Hacker story for Denver Post

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Thu Oct 21 23:30:45 MDT 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 09:31 pm, David A. Jenne wrote:
> Hackers Wanted:
>
> Anyone who meets this description and would like to share his story
> (anonomously) with a Denver Post reporter, please contact Patty Laushman at
> 303-757-4611 ext 404.  Although we can probably all consider ourselves
> "hackers" of one sort or another,  I believe the reporter's conception of a
> "hacker" is someone who at one time or another has broken into remote
> systems.
>
> David J.

Strange set-up.

Why pick a cracker that does Linux? While any good cracker  runs Linux or BSD
to avoid being hit themselves, they would use lots of windows to have an easy
system to crack. That is like asking a car thief what car they drive. They
normally do not drive the common ones that they break into.

I get the feeling that a hatchet job is about to be done. Otherwise, they
would be looking for a cracker/sk/whoever that breaks into specific systems
rather than what they use.

If anybody does come forward for this, please record your conversation and
make sure nothing is taken out of context.

I have CC Russ here:
Why set the conditions that you have?