[CLUE-Talk] FW: Hacker story for Denver Post

Patty Laushman patty at theuptimegroup.com
Fri Oct 22 13:29:45 MDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Knaddison" <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>
To: <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] FW: Hacker story for Denver Post

> If you want to profile a way GNU/Linux is helping our schools get
> smarter and our landfills get emptier, how about the story of
> RecycleIT, Charles Oriez, Rita Gibson and the Rocky Mountain School of
> Expeditionary Learning.
>
> http://www.rmc.sierraclub.org/recycleit/
>
> Greg

That's a really great story idea, Greg.  The story just needs to have a
business angle if it is going to be published in the business section.
Maybe there is another reporter who would write the Rocky Mountain School
story for another section because I know that what they are doing there is
quite revolutionary for a school.  I worked at a chemistry teacher in 2003,
and I know first-hand how far behind some schools are, which makes the RMS
story even more extraordinary.

Richard also asked if the interview could be done via e-mail, and I don't
see why not, except that I would think this would be an uncomfortable format
for the subject.  If I was being interviewed about a pseudo-illegal or
questionable past, I don't think I'd necessarily want to document it all in
writing.  ;)

Patty Laushman
President
(303) 757-4611, Ext. 404