[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jan 10 09:55:00 MST 2006

Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On 1/9/06, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
>> Interesting.  I hadn't done my research.  If that's how they're run,
>> it's fairly novel for a company their size.  Kudos to 'em for pulling it
>> off.  I wonder how much chaos there really is inside the company.
>
> Apparently just the right amounts.  Here is a good recent snippet on
> the subject:
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10296177/site/newsweek/
>
> That's part of a larger article.

Oh yeah... I did already read that one.  That was neat.

My favorite was "Eat your own dog food".

I've worked for places that didn't even use our own products... or
worse, couldn't use them because they wouldn't work in our own environment.

:-)

To some extent... especially when pushing new business tools or software
out into the marketplace and trying to get acceptance of it... if your
own company can't use the thing... neither can anyone else.

Nate