[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Thu Jan 12 11:14:14 MST 2006

I don't think Apple and Macs are marginal players, their innovators!!!
They've created a whole new industry around the iPod with even the car
manufacturers getting into the act!! Come on Joe, it sounds like if we'd
have your way we'd be still driving Model T cars.

And if you check the prices of BMWs or Lamborgini's their prices haven't
budged any at all either.

Since Richard Raab came over to my house in 1999 and showed me what
Linux could really do, it broke my Mac addictness and I saw CAPABILITIES
that I was not aware of. And here are just a few that Macs take
advantage of today:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/
http://www.opendarwin.org/
http://www.apple.com/opensource/
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/
http://developer.apple.com/unix/

While Mac is not as FOSS as Linux, it's a lot farther than Windows for sure.

Kevin