[clue-talk] national ID card

Jed S. Baer cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net
Sun Jul 1 16:56:12 MDT 2007

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:40:11 -0600
Nate Duehr wrote:

> > Also an interesting note, Albertsons has stopped using the
> > membership card.
>
> Even more interesting:  Only in Colorado -- according to the checker
> I asked about it yesterday.  She said if you travel out of state and
> shop at Albertson's there, they're still using them.

Oh, BTW, I have a "privacy friendly" Sooper Card. I got it one evening
when the checker offered to give me an application to fill out, and I said
that since I didn't have my glasses with me, I'd have to take it home and
return the application later. Since the cards are affixed to the
application, she just scanned on of those, handed me that app, and I was
on my way. Never did fill the thing out, and my Sooper Card still works.
At the time, I hadn't planned on it, it's just that she was going to scan
the card, so I figured I'd get a few cents off if I played along.