[clue-talk] iPhone Madness [Update]

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 12:33:57 MDT 2007

From: Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 9:24 PM, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > Okay, this is so immature, but Maddox is one of my guilty
> > pleasures. If only
> > Mossberg was so frank. In any case, I laughed myself silly reading
> > this one.
> >
> > http://duggmirror.com/apple/
> > The_iPhone_is_a_piece_of_shit_and_so_is_your_face/?u=iphone
> >
> > I used the mirror because I'm not sure if his site is up yet or not...
>
> Bwahahaa... nice.  Very irreverent.  I conscientiously forwarded it
> to all my Apple fanboi friends.  Especially the one that's about to
> purchase an iPhone.  It'll be fun to see what he says.
>
> Frankly, I'm an Apple fan too, but the iPhone has quite a ways to go
> if they're going to get me to spend more than HALF A GRAND on the
> stupid thing.

I'm not a firster, so I'm happy to let others spend lots of money to be the first ones to buy the latest geek toy.

I'm hoping that it will be popular enough to force the other companies to improve the UI on cell phones, because frankly, some of them really suck.  Of course, featuritis will creep back in as companies try to distinguish themselves with the most useless "features".