[clue-talk] iPhone Madness [Update]

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 12:06:01 MDT 2007

On 07-17 11:08, Nate Duehr wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 9:24 PM, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> >Okay, this is so immature, but Maddox is one of my guilty
> >pleasures. If only
> >Mossberg was so frank. In any case, I laughed myself silly reading
> >this one.
> >
> >http://duggmirror.com/apple/
> >The_iPhone_is_a_piece_of_shit_and_so_is_your_face/?u=iphone
> >
> >I used the mirror because I'm not sure if his site is up yet or not...
>
> Bwahahaa... nice.  Very irreverent.  I conscientiously forwarded it
> to all my Apple fanboi friends.  Especially the one that's about to
> purchase an iPhone.  It'll be fun to see what he says.
>
> Frankly, I'm an Apple fan too, but the iPhone has quite a ways to go
> if they're going to get me to spend more than HALF A GRAND on the
> stupid thing.

I'm in awe of Apple's branding, that's for sure.

I admit iPhone is actually mildly interesting, but the hype far outstrips
what Apple has actually done in "innovation", IMHO. Great for them, but I'm
not buying first-gen, based on their track record with ipods...I think the
winner for me would be a combination of a touchscreen along with real
keypad. It allows expansion via adding buttons on screen like Dennis
mentioned, but also provides a real keyboard.

If you find and read the digg comments on this one, you'll see lots of
people mention that the N95 costs roughly the same, and yet has many more
features, like GPS, 3G, not locked into a vendor that cooperated with
illegal wiretaps, shoots DVD-quality movies, etc.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
There are no facts, only interpretations.
-Friedrich Nietzsche, "Nachlass"