[clue-talk] Re: [clue-tech] Web ticket software

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jul 25 18:46:50 MDT 2007

David Rudder wrote:
> I've worked with Best Practical for my product.  We do an integration so
> you can update tickets from your cell phone/IM/email/etc.
>
> It's a bear to get set up.  Be prepared for dependency hell.

I went through that a number of years ago, building it up by hand, but
Debian's packages are only slightly "old" now, and they handle all the
deps for ya... kinda helpful, like a distro should be, really.  (GRIN)

> But, once it's up and running, it's a really good system.  Solid,
> relatively quick, comprehensive, easy to use.

Have had some performance issues with MySQL/Apache, but I never set up
FastCGI, and it's an underpowered box.

Nate