[clue-talk] Pardon me...

Alex Campbell alex at sotac.com
Tue Oct 2 00:20:07 MDT 2007

I don't mean to intrude on this truly stirring chain of philosophical
banter. Everyone's input on biblical history or secular philosophy is
stimulating somewhat but maybe a little out of place. A
clue-religion-talk should be in order or a clue-politics-talk.

I switched to the dark side of the Linux world in search of a better
thing and I am find myself teetering on the edge of Linux
sanity(insanity), clamoring to avoid the safety net that lays before me
called the Microsoft Security Blanket of user friendly GUIs and mindless
installations of must have protection.

I attempted a switch over last year and gave up in frustration. With the
advent of Ubuntu 7.04 I found myself on the verge on a hysterical panic.
Could this be the savior we were looking for?

I understand that I come crawling in this forum of technological gods
for just bread crumbs of your infinite wisdom. But as a glutton for
punishment and one that consistently endures the pain of searches for
elusive biometric compatibility code and hard drive protection fixes, is
there any light in sight; the god-send for all mankind, so to speak?

Some will scoff at my feeble attempt to enter into this world that
chooses to defy a certain William. Others will turn their head in shame
that a lowly end user would dare cross 'over'. But for those that have a
heart, "Will we find what we're looking for?" "Will my Open Office ever
do the cool things that Office 2007 does?" "Why CAN'T I just import my
outlook contacts into Evolution?" "Adobe CS3 is pretty cool (if run it
on a Mac or my VM that almost brings it to a standstill)."

Just tired of rambling through endless forums...
Advice for the weary, anyone?

Cheers,
Alex