[clue-talk] Dreamhost is Nightmarehost -- Need a new hosting company

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sat Oct 20 12:45:13 MDT 2007

On 10/20/07, Jed S. Baer <cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net> wrote:
> Once again, I'm looking for a new webhosting company. Regrettably,
> Dreamhost has become completely unreliable, both for web hosting and
> e-mail. Apparently, even the act of being accessed by a search engine will
> bring my site (or the server I'm on) to its knees. Other server outages
> occur on a semi-regular basis, but I don't know what the cause of those
> are. E-mail regularly fails with session timeouts or authentication
> errors. Hence, Dreamhost has become Nightmarehost.

Sorry to hear that.

> I have one recommendation already for BlueHost, and I'll probably get a

A friend of mine recently reported that a site he is administering for
some friends on BlueHost was recently accessed by a non admin user.
Apparently BlueHost will give out admin access to anyone who calls
them without any sort of verification that they should have access to
the account.

Regards,
Greg

--