[clue-talk] Dreamhost is Nightmarehost -- Need a new hosting company

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Sat Oct 20 13:38:10 MDT 2007

I use eApps. They specialize on Virtuozzo VPSes. You need to keep a
close eye on your /proc/user_beancounters info, and upgrade if you find
yourself hitting the ceiling. Otherwise, they're rock solid. Also, when
presented with a picture of their ass and their face, they usually can
tell the difference. Not so much with many other hosting providers I've
used.

I'm an *extremely* picky hosting customer. My app has a high uptime
requirement, and can use a lot of CPU over a long period of time. The
1st thing I do when getting a new VPS is put up a Nagios check on it.
eApps has done very well.

-Dave