[clue-talk] How do CLUEbies vote?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Thu Sep 27 21:46:27 MDT 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 12:37 PM, David L. Willson wrote:

> Kevin:
>
> Whether or not we are living in the end times is irrelevant.  We have
> been living in the end times since before Jesus left.  Jesus himself
> said so, and he said that we won't know the time, that he'll come
> like a
> thief in the night.  I'm pretty sure that he meant for us to grow in
> faith (spiritual maturity), to share the reason for our faith, and to
> care for other believers, contending in love with one another, as
> if he
> just left ~and~ as if he were coming back next week, until he does
> come
> back.

Very nicely stated and I agree totally, but for one thing: end times
are not irrelevant because all of the book of Revelation is based on
Prophecy and End Times issues and if most people would read it they'd
probably "shit a brick" with the facts and figures in there. But most
are in denial.

> I have been unable to find any purpose in sharing the details of
> the end times or Hell with unbelievers.  Some remain un-convicted,
> regardless of the stick you use,

and some, based on the New Testament events even remain un-convicted
even with all of the miracles Jesus performed, so this issue is a draw.

> and some are convicted and ready for
> their Savior, before you beat them with the stick.  Jesus came for
> sinners, the righteous have no need for forgiveness or guidance, and
> there's no sense trying to convince them otherwise with threats of
> Hell
> or the tribulation.

I'm not threatening them, but pointing out facts. It's no different
when you go to the doctor and you're told that you need to eat
healthy or you'll die younger than you expect. Yes, beating  them up
over this fact is not the answer, but hiding the fact from people is
just as disingenuous. But Jesus Himself used both Judgement and Love
in His descriptions of people's actions. True, regardless of when He
comes, he is still coming and the things that are happening are too
close to ignore, which should spur Christians to be ever more
diligent to let people know that things are going to heat up.

As I've stated before, people are betting their life on their
beliefs, I'm about questioning those beliefs to find the real answer,
including my own on a regular basis.

Kevin