[clue-talk] Any feelings on Barr and Libertarian Party?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:07:44 MDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Michael Fierro <miguelito at biffster.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008 6:54:54 pm Collins Richey wrote:
>
> You  can imagine my surprise when Bush was elected, even though Al Gore
> received a half-million more votes (*50.999 million to 50.456 million,).

Old hat, and I'm surprised that you're surprised. A minimal perusal of
our constitution would lead you to understand that the president is
elected via electoral college votes, not total popular vote. If
popular vote were the determinant, that were the case, everyone except
for California, New York, Ohio, Florida, and a handful of other states
would be disenfranchised.

--
Collins Richey