[clue-talk] Whiny Bitches

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri May 30 06:45:59 MDT 2008

David Rudder wrote:
> So, it is safe to assume that Hillary Clinton will usher in a new age of
> dropping abortion rates.
>
> So, why aren't you campaigning for Hillary?  You want to reduce
> abortions, right?  A Clinton in the White House is the only proven way
> of reducing abortions.  Or are you one of those who are always
> complaining, but won't take the obvious path to solving the problem?

What amazes me is that religious pro-life movement doesn't see abortion
as so extremely bad that they'd be willing to let someone use condoms.
Using a condom has to be 1,000,000 times less sinful than an abortion.
So my point is, the real problem with pro-life groups is that they're
more focused on their religious agenda than their pro-life agenda.  A
group really focused on the abortion issue itself wouldn't have all
these trappings (abstinence, human at conception, etc.) because they'd
really be concerned about the PEOPLE being KILLED instead of their own
overall ideal world.

I'd prefer a candidate who is anti-abortion but simply for the reason of
logic that it's wrong to kill people.  People in office really shouldn't
let their religious beliefs dictate policy.  This may mean that both
sides have to give up "control" over the issue let the scientific and
medical community say when something is human, and stop leaving it up to
politics.

Angelo