[clue-talk] Obama, McCain, and the American flag

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:56:29 MST 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Brian Gibson <bwg1974 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ayers did what he believed was the right course of action for the time.  Do we, decades later, think those actions were warranted?  Not so much.  I will fault him for his methods, but I will not fault him for fighting and standing up for his beliefs.  ...   If Ayers continues to think he was in the right, he's more than welcome to.  It's his prerogative to do so.  We're not the thought police.  However, since those days he's gone on record to condemn terrorism, particular 9/11.  Having been a former terrorist, he would certainly have a unique take.

I find it appalling and disgusting that you could express such an
opinion. Murdering innocent people is not the way to stand up for your
beliefs. The H man stood up for his beliefs that Jews were mud people.
That doesn't mean that any decent human being should accept such
actions.

When asked, Ayers stated that he only regretted not doing more. That's
a real condemnation of terrorism.

>... people still want to hold Ayers responsible for his actions and writings over 40 years ago, irrespective of any positive influence he may have had since.
>
> I agree with McCain on this one, "I don't care about an old washed-up terrorist".  However, if you want to continue on this McCarthy-like guilt-by-association track of connecting Ayers and Rev. Wright and then saying because of that Obama thinks like they do, be my guest.

OK, I will. If you spend the formative years of your young adulthood
surrounded by the likes of Bill Ayers, Rashid Khalidi, the reverend
Wright, and I forget the name of the prominent Communist/community
activist, at the very least you must have tolerance for the
un-american (yes, that's the right word) views that such people hold.
I have no time for such garbage, and Obama is the lesser for
associating with these people.

--
Collins Richey