[clue-talk] it's over!

Dave Maddox softwareanddesign at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:53:45 MST 2008

We should start a book club for that, David. I'd like to get more
perspective on this, though the more I've been learning in the process
of writing articles, the more this election just seems simplistic and
historically ignorant. Barack Obama is one hell of a Constitutional
scholar, but listening to him talk about the 'flaws' was kind of
interesting. I think people will be surprised at what he really means by
change. Then again, maybe that's what we really need, fundamental
change, improving on the founding fathers' flawed vision.

Now, with a big youth/new voter population, we can try things again!
But, we royally screwed up recently with greed and overextension with
credit, and since the Democrats were the 'enablers', the least they can
do is offer a panacea. Ta-dah! We now feel good. For a while...then
denial, anger...

Time for the cycle - Republicans back in two years, in four 'hope' will
turn back to 'read my lips, no new taxes'.  The more things change, the
more they remain the same. :-)

Wow, I don't like being this cynical. Maybe it's Morning in America again.

Oh, and to totally switch topics, thanks for the tips I picked up here,
I reloaded my eee PC (2G, a little tight on space) with one of the
reduced Ubuntu distros, and it's better, faster and smells nicer! Cool.

Dave