[clue-talk] Free as in Whiskey?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Fri Sep 12 14:57:40 MDT 2008

Stranahan's is a local whiskey distiller.  They're a couple blocks from
Coors field.
Stanahans makes "colorado whiskey".  It's made from a grain mash.  They
use the same mash the Flying Dog brewery uses.  It's not a bourbon,
since it's not made in the south and isn't made from corn.

It's absolutely wonderful stuff.  Complex, mellow, floral hints but not
flowery.  It amazes me that they get such a depth of flavor with only 2
years of aging.  I think it's because they start with good ingredients,
and don't need to get all that much flavor from the char or the wood.

http://www.stranahans.com/

They do tours, plus a lot of places downtown serve it.  I'd be happy to
schedule some time for a tour if anyone would want to join.

-Dave