[clue-talk] Free as in Whiskey?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Fri Sep 12 20:13:44 MDT 2008

My thought was that pot stills would be easier to fabricate.  I'm not
very handy with a soldering iron, but if you are you'd be a great asset.
   I have the "Alaskan Bootlegger's Manual" , which describes some easy
to make pot stills.  This one is probably not great for volume, but very
clever:
http://www.happymountain.net/moonshine%20still.html

I imagine the 1st batch will really be nothing more than grain alcohol.
 It would take one run to get used to the equipment.  The choice of
grain would probably be based on price more than flavor.  I haven't
begun to price it out in enough detail to make comparisons.

My big hang-up right now is a place to do it.  My wife is more than
happy to have me sink a little cash into this, but not if we'll be
setting up a still in the backyard :)  We live in Wash Park and the
neighbors would get cranky.