[clue-talk] crime and punishment

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 15:24:51 MST 2009

Actually, I heard that as far as violent crime, that many of the
criminals didn't have pets as a child, and that many violent criminals
had a history of abusing animals. There was one experiment where they
allowed prisoners to take care of a pet for the last few months before
release and none of them returned to crime. Taking care of an animal
seems like something for a small child, but it can have a big effect on
someone's psyche.