[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 6 04:52:53 MST 2009

Blah blah blah.  The question was simple... why should we take Federal
funds from Pork-a-Palooza '09, to fix the road, when you haven't
called your representative and offered to take a tax hike for I-70 in
past years?

Suddenly priorities change when the word "Free" is thrown around and
people think they MUST take the money or lose it.  Guess what?
There's another option... don't spend it at the Federal level in the
first place, and give it back.

Same thing happens with Healthcare.

The books Feakonomics and Predictably Irrational explain the "Free"
phenomenon in the human brain pretty well.

Think we here can't figure out how to build or maintain a road without
someone in Washington D.C. handing out the checks?  Really?

Nate