[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 6 17:14:08 MST 2009

Minor quibble. The police, in general, don't protect against anything.
The do show up after the fact and collect evidence, attempt to prosecute,
etc.

-----

Now, now Jed.  If they show up JUST soon enough, they might keep me or you
from shooting the intruder.

I suppose it should make the intruders feel safer...

 ;-)

And there ARE some pro-active things, but I'm not sure they're good... DUI
checkpoints for example.

I won't pick on anyone who does that job... it's a very tough one, and most
of the people doing it really are there to SERVE and Protect -- whenever and
wherever they can.

Technically, having a professional pilot in the cockpit of the airliner
you're flying on PROTECTS your ass more than the typical Police force does,
in peaceful times... you're right.  :-)

Let a riot break out of all the people who are upset that Government Cheese
isn't in plentiful supply, instead of working to earn cheese -- and I'll
gladly pay for the cops to take up the riot gear and start crackin' some
heads.

Nate