[clue-talk] needed: tiny DHCP server for Windows

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 20:18:53 MDT 2009

I need a tiny DHCP server that will run on Windows.  We make an opacity
monitor that has a design flaw.  I need to have a PLC talk to it over
TCP/IP, but the designers stupidly felt that the only way to assign the
initial IP address is via DHCP.  It cannot be done via the front panel
or via RS-232.  Then you need to use something like WinARPSpoof to find
the IP address that matches the analyzer's MAC address.  Having found
that, you can finally use a browser to assign a static IP address.

Unfortunately, this analyzer is at a site without a DHCP server.  Hence
the need for a tiny DHCP server.