[clue-talk] On "sales people" (was Re: Sales presentations at meetings)

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:40:14 MST 2010

I wouldn't worry, thus far I've been privy to both sides of the discussion.
 I haven't had much contact with the SE's, but I haven't heard many people
flinch at sticking to mostly technical details.  You know, WORST case
scenario, If I can get enough lead time to prepare, and there's enough
interest, I'LL do a talk on ESX/ESXi.  I'll even bring in my ESXi box.  (I
promise you, I'm a TERRIBLE politician.)     The downsides are obvious.  1)
I believe in the "speak to your audience" philosophy, and I don't really
know what CLUE wants to know about ESX/ESXi.   2) VMware has allot more
products then most people think we do, and I have relatively sharply limited
experience in many of the others.   Workstation/View/VDR/Converter/Virtual
Center...etc....etc...

I'm not much of a good corporate stooge, but I think the problems that
remain are mostly logistical ones.

Mike Bean