[clue-talk] Fwd: Cyber Monday 3 Day Sale - Get Up to 50% Off

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 12:42:44 MST 2010

Well, I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that, and I'll help any way I
can, but the main hesitation I have is that I don't work in a department
that has anything at all to do with PR.  We do ESX support.  Not having much
PR experience.  I wouldn't know where to begin.  By contrast, the
boundaries/procedure of the friends and family discount program are
established and reasonably well defined.   Off-hand, I've bought 3 of my own
licenses and a half dozen for various folks I know.  (fusion and
workstation).   I don't really consider it an ethical violation as long as
we don't abuse it.  My sense is that 2 or 3 licenses for gifts is fine, but
if my purchases add up and become excessive, it starts to border on an
abuse.

That said, I certainly don't want to make anyone uncomfortable either.  If
we'd rather approach VMW directly and ask if they'd donate, I'm certainly
willing to do what I can to that end either.   I can probably ask at HR.
Frankly, if people are upset, I'm actually willing to approach my manager
and just flat ask him if he would have a problem with this.  It isn't my
intention to be sneaky. = )

Mike Bean