[clue-talk] [clue-tech] Email lists topic and vote

Mon Jan 10 15:08:52 MST 2011

http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-announce/2010-December/000445.html

There was NOT supposed to be more campaigning. I thought Crawford's message was a vote, sent directly to me, not an argument in favor of the status quo for the list. Thank you Mark for replying to all and clearing up my misunderstanding. When you cross-post an argument in favor of the status quo, doesn't that inherently reveal a problem in the way things are set up?

These are the argument against the status quo, in brief:

1. There is no list for CLUE newbies. No default place to just get and post.
2. The current lists are so fragmented, that it's difficult for veterans to pick the appropriate list, as proven by this cross-post.
3. Most of the CLUE lists, until recently, only received a message or three, each month.

If you want to vote, send ME an email, or show up to tomorrow night's meeting. If you send to the list, it's not a vote, it's an argument in favor of a particular solution.

Here is the original "Blue Book" describing the email list options for 2011 with what I thought were clear instructions on how to vote:

http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-announce/2010-December/000445.html

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.