[CLUE-Tech] Enlightenment, gnome and KDE.

Randolph Cordell open2ningz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 19:29:40 MST 2000

If KDE is using fwm then I didn't know that.  But what I read called KDE a
window manager with it's libraries and routines (widgets) provided by Qt and
that the licensing restrictions on Qt have been revised to be more like GPL
but are not in fact GPL.  Gnome was a project began to resolve the licensing
issues with Qt as used by KDE.  Gnome, it called libraries and routines that
work with window managers.  The default Window Manager that Gnome uses is
Enlightenment.

It said that in order to change Gnome's default WM you need to open its
desktop control panel or whatever it calls it and select the WM you prefer to
use from there (which by default is Enlightenment and Window Maker).

Funny thing, I ran accross this last night after I posted my first reply.

Randy