[clue-tech] CLUE-Talk: Installation problems

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Jun 21 13:20:32 MDT 2000

grant wrote:

> When you install it, and run it the first time, it should say stuff about
> importing the settings and all.  I would double check your work directory
> to make sure all of your documents are there.  After that, I deleted both
> the data and executeables for 5.1  I installed mine in /opt and used the
> /net option.  This way I have multiple users of the suite on the machine,
> but each only uses an extra 2 meg rather than the 160 meg or whatever the
> whole thing is.  I downloaded 5.2 last night, and it went in just great.

Took me three tries but I learned how to do it and it's done.  Thanks
Grant.

For further information, should I create a "Net" directory similar to SO
so that I can do the same from now on with other programs?  Would it be
/opt/net or /opt/share with every program?  Does every program have the
potential to do this or are there limitations?

Again, thanks.

Kevin