[CLUE-Tech] Re:why on earth should linux attempt to become user friendly?

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 19 10:19:53 MDT 2001

Right, I don't want to be logged on as root.  I just want to be able to
get root privileges for a limited time when needed.  That's what's
missing right now, and it's very annoying.  It's enough to make me want
to waste money on Mac hardware.  The problem with Linux is that it was
conceived as a command line deal long ago with a GUI only as an after
thought.  There needs to be a version of linux for home users that gives
more priority to the GUI.  Personally I think the entire problem would
go away if every time a dialog box popped out and said, "you need root
privileges to do this" it would also say, "enter the root password."