[CLUE-Tech] Re:why on earth should linux attempt to become user friendly?

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Thu Apr 19 11:13:50 MDT 2001

The problem with the application is it was not written to ask for
root password. For example, if you run helix-update as a non-root
user, it will request the root password. I suggest you submit a
bug report to the appropriate place.

To get around this problem you do not need to terminate your X
sesson. Just start an aterm, xterm, rxvt, kterm, konsole,
gnome-terminal or your favorite terminal application from your
current X session. Then su to root. Then start the process.

Alternatively, you might want to "Get the Source" and fix this
problem??

Match