[CLUE-Tech] Re: Can I use HP Colorado 5GB ATAPI tape hardware with RedHat 7.1?

Carl Gibbons cgibbons at du.edu
Fri Aug 17 09:57:10 MDT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Jeffery Cann wrote:

> I have been using the HP Colorado 5 GB for about two years (kernel
> 2.2.x)...

That must be part of my problem - RedHat 7.1 gives me a 2.4.2 kernel, and
it appears that ide-tape worked in 2.2 kernels but is broken in 2.4
kernels so far.  Here's what I get when I follow your instructions:

# tar dvf /dev/ht0
tar: /dev/ht0: Cannot read: Input/output error
tar: At beginning of tape, quitting now