[CLUE-Tech] amd durnon

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Dec 4 23:10:11 MST 2001

jeremy wrote:

> greetings,
>
> I recently ungraded my computer to an amd Duron 700Mhz w/ 190M of ram.
> the problem I have is taht when I recompiled to kernel to with the
> duron/athlon oprtion I get a lot of segmentation faults if it even boots.

What did you have before?  What distro are you using?  Do you know what gcc flags
you're using?

Perhaps you're over optimizing, or your libraries were compiled with options that
don't work on the new cpu.  I assume that your seg faults are on boot, after
you've compiled successfully with the Duron - that would indicate your
memory/board isn't the problem.

You did run lilo after compiling, right?

> I get the same results from 2.2 and 2.4 kernel. If I use K6 -III or -II
> everything works fine. Anyone have any ideas ?? Also, withthe 2.4 did they
> change the way modules work beacuse I can't seem to get it to find the moduled
> I build.

No, but some module names did change (e.g., realtek).