[CLUE-Tech] [OT] DSL - multiple IPs.

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 15:19:48 MST 2001

Dave Anselmi wrote:

> Frank Whiteley wrote:
>

>>Do you have five continguous static IPs or a static IP and a subnet block of
>>four?  What netmask were you assigned?  The latter would seem to be the case
>>if you are in routed, rather than bridged mode.
>>

> This would be routed (and ppp), not bridged.
>
> We haven't actually bought the IP addresses yet, so I'm going off Qwest's info
> pages.  They say they give you 8 IPs, 5 usable.  To me that means one net
> address, one broadcast address, one for the modem (wan0-0).  That would make a
> netmask of 255.255.255.248 - let me see what Qwest says...  Yes, they do mention
> that mask.

Beware! I tried doing that -- QWest double-billed me from the day that
the order was SUPPOSED to be completed, but it was actually something
like three weeks before the IPs were provisioned in their database,
though the customer service page indicated I was supposed to have those
IPs.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net