[CLUE-Tech] ssh2 public key authorization

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Dec 20 11:39:14 MST 2001

P.S. In the allowed authentications line, public key should come before password.  As
mentioned, running the client with -v may provide useful info.

From: Ross Vandegrift <ross at willow.seitz.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:32:57 -0500
To: linux-audio-user at music.columbia.edu
Cc: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] Re: [linux-audio-user] performance issues with audio / ripping
Sender: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us

[snip]
> Would trying another sound card be worthwhile?
>
> Interesting note: Even while ripping / encoding, I can play mp3 files
> off the same drive that the ripper is using across a network connection
> via samba on windoze laptop with literally NO dropouts observed.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Yea, check out Richard Love's kernel preemption patch at:
http://tech9.net/rml/linux
It really helped interactive applications for me while ripping a CD.
Many people have reported that slower machines have benefitted greatly
from this patch in general.

Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com