[CLUE-Tech] 2.4 Compilation Questions

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Mon Jan 8 14:01:17 MST 2001

> try adding the following to your /etc/conf.modules or
> /etc/modules.conf:

Okay, I already had that one in there this is what my /etc/modules.conf
reads:

alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias eth0 3c59x
alias sound-slot-0 es1371
alias sd_mod block-major-8

Which adding the last on makes modprobe stop bitching about the
block-major-8 part but then it just hangs when it tries to init the swap
space (which is on the SCSI drive). I looked in xconfig and I have that
support not being compiled as a module and I'm thinking about just
compiling in the support of the SCSI card to see if this will just go
away.

Do I need to run depmod or something (I'm really new to this kernel
stuff)? When the swap stuff hangs on startup if I hit ^C it goes on
without telling me what I just killed and then it just hangs later on.

Thanks,
JStanley
--
Use GnuPG! -- http://www.gnupg.org