[CLUE-Tech] Major Minor Number Confusion

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Mon Jan 8 16:35:31 MST 2001

Okay, so now the kernel is installed and working (modules and all, I had
to compile some more for things like the ide-floppy stuff so my zip is a
valid block device...).

But now I get the error message:

/dev/hdb4: Invalid argument
mount: /dev/hdb4 has wrong major or minor number

When I do a `mount /mnt/zip`. This worked under 2.2 and I am at a loss as
to where I find the major/minor numbers to change the device to the
correct ones. I really would like to not have to chage this due to the
fact that I don't have complete faith in 2.4 yet. Any
thoughts/suggestions?

JStanley
--
Use GnuPG! -- http://www.gnupg.org