[CLUE-Tech] PHP build question

Jeffery C. Cann jccann at home.com
Tue Mar 20 06:44:07 MST 2001

Greetings.

I had previously build PHP with MySQL support.  I then added Interbase
support and because my previous build (from months ago) is still viable, only
the Interbase objects were built.   BTW - I used the same configuration
parameters, as reported in the 'Configure Command' section of the report
generated by phpinfo().

I then did a make install.  Everything went fine.  However, when I do run the
phpinfo() report, I see that my 'Configure Command' section is not updated to
reflect my --enable-interbase option.  I restarted httpd using apachectl.

My libphp4.so (/usr/local/apache/libexec) has been updated with today's date.

So my question is that why is Interbase not enabled in my libphp4.so.  Do I
have to rebuild Apache as well?  AFAIK, since I build PHP as an Apache
module, I was basically plug-n-play.

Suggestions are appreciated.
Jeff

Here's my config line for PHP.  It is the same as my original build except
for the --enable-interbase line.  phpinfo does not show the
--enable-interbase and Interbase functions are 'undefined' in my PHP scripts.

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php'
'--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php'
'--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
'--enable-track-vars'
'--enable-magic-quotes'
'--enable-debugger'
'--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql'
'--with-interbase=/opt/interbase'  <-- I added this line and rebuilt