[CLUE-Tech] newsfeed

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Nov 17 11:14:37 MST 2001

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:59:01 -0700 (MST)
Jeremiah Stanley <jeremiahstanley at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just recently stopped using a "real" ISP and started using @Home for
> my
> internet connection. I like the speed, and I like the price (it is
> cheaper
> than DSL when you have a static IP). But there is one thing missing from
> their service. They don't have a Usenet newsfeed. Is there a public
> server
> somewhere that I can log into, or do I have to pay for a service?
>
> Lemme know if anybody on the list even still uses usenet and where they
> get their connection from.

Hmmm, still uses Usenet? Um, like the redhat.linux or comp.os.linux
heirarchy? <G>

IIRC, @Home does provide a newsfeed. I see lots of news spam originating
from their servers. Have you tried news.home.com? I think they have
regional news sites, so you should give them a call.

Other than that, there are many, many newsfeed services, some pay, some
free. The free ones tend to not carry binaries groups. For subscription
services:
  www.airnews.net
  www.supernews.com
  www.newzpig.com
  www.usenetserver.com
  www.uncensorednews.com
if any of these don't work, use ".net" instead of ".com"

Also, go to groups.google.com. There's a newsgroup specifically for
discussion of news providers. I don't recall the group name, but you
should be able to find it from there. It's in the news. hierarchy.

--
  If R is the set of all sets which don't contain themselves,
  does R contain itself?