[CLUE-Tech] newsfeed

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Sat Nov 17 11:29:30 MST 2001

On 11-17 10:59, Jeremiah Stanley wrote:
> I just recently stopped using a "real" ISP and started using @Home for my
> internet connection. I like the speed, and I like the price (it is cheaper
> than DSL when you have a static IP). But there is one thing missing from
> their service. They don't have a Usenet newsfeed. Is there a public server
> somewhere that I can log into, or do I have to pay for a service?
>
> Lemme know if anybody on the list even still uses usenet and where they
> get their connection from.

Hmmm...I use @Home. They sure do have a news server available. The one I
use is news.lakwod3.co.home.com. Yours is probably also "news" followed
by whatever domain you are in.

I consider @Home a "real" ISP, BTW. They don't do anything proprietary
or make you use "user friendly" clients that lock you in to certain
OS's. They just give you a static IP (or dynamic, depending on when and
where you signed up, apparently), some name servers, a mail server
and news server and you're off...just don't expect any support for
Linux. (or Windows NT, at least at one point, or *BSD) :)

--
-
Sean LeBlanc, seanleblanc at home.com