[CLUE-Tech] newsfeed

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Sat Nov 17 15:46:53 MST 2001

> I saw some article on Slashdot about a "trend" of folks going back to
> dial-up, and I'm really suspect. I've recently been laid off, too, and
> the cable modem will be the last to go, if it comes down to
> that...I'll eat Ramen noodles and other such things before I give up
> the cable modem. :)  Obviously, other people's priorities won't be the
> same as mine, but it's nice not to have to tie up the phone line in
> the event that a recruiter actually calls.

I chalked that article up as bull when I read it. Most people I know with
broadband would let you know that "they'd have to pry my connection from
my cold dead fingers"! I couldn't agree with you more.

JStanley
--
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by
reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"