[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail And Tmail (or Dmail, maybe)

Adam_Bultman at gmx.net Adam_Bultman at gmx.net
Fri Sep 21 13:18:24 MDT 2001

Okay, I have a question.

I've been a lurker for a while now, but I've decided that I'd post, since
I'm having a bit of an issue.

I'm running sendmail on a server here, and I'd like to change over from the
standard UNIX mbox format to the sleeker, newer, and far more efficient mbx
format.

Problems: Procmail doesn't support the mbx format, and I've been instructed
to use tmail or dmail.  Since dmail uses procmail, and it doesn't seem to
work, I've been considering shooting it down altogether.  But I digress.

Tmail has a manpage :
http://www.linux.gr/cgi-bin/man2html/usr/share/man/man1/tmail.1.gz

now, following these guidelines, I cannot get tmail to do what I want.

Using the config Mark gives there, I can send/receive email.  But, not in
mbx format.  It gives a way of using mbx:  with the -I option, with the #driver
argument.

It doesn't work.

I cant get it to deliver mail and store it in mbx format. H

Has anyone gotten this to work before? Am I nuts?  are there other MDAs that
allow for the use of the MBX style mailbox?

I would appreciate any help whatsoever.  I'm at the end of my rope, and
because of many considerations, we cannot stay with the standard mbox format (one
user has over 200 MB of email in his inbox-- no lie) because it puts such a
huge load on the server.

As well: Do imapd and popd support mbx?

Thanks.

Adam Bultman